So here we are...6 weeks since my last post.
Where can I even begin? Things have changed quite a bit in the past month or so.
Most notably...I have a boyfriend.
(Pause for reaction)
When you least expect it, things can happen. It seems strange to say that someone who was online dating wasn't "looking" for a relationship...but in many ways I really didn't expect to find someone I clicked with. Amongst the Vegetarian, Jersey, V.I.P., and "I want to talk about my feelings" guy, I was pretty convinced that online dating would be an experiment at best.
And when my guard was down...BAM! I met someone who has actually made this entire experience worthwhile. As open as I am about my thoughts and opinions, I do believe that some things should remain private---so I won't go into extensive detail, except to say that its been a long time since I've felt this way and I'm very happy.
So I felt like I owed it to the "Summer Online Dating Experiment" to wrap it up.
Things I've Learned:
1. Meeting the right person is more important than HOW you meet them
2. Honesty (with others and yourself) is always the best policy
3. Online dating or not, the right connection still creates the "spark" and feels natural
4. You need to experience bad dates to appreciate good sometimes
5. The only way to get what you want is to be truthful with yourself and others about where you stand and jump in head first. Fear is not an option.
Maybe the creeper in the bar did me a favor. Without the utter frustration of that situation, I would never have started this "experiment"...which ultimately led me to find a person I never would have met without online dating. And although I will continue to make fun of eHarmony (because its just funny, those commercials with the look alike couples and "everlasting love" playing in the background), and its "29 dimensions of compatibility", I think in this case, the joke is on anyone who is unwilling to try new things to get what they want out of life.
So I guess the experiment was a success, though not in the way I expected. But sometimes life serves you up a surprise, and its especially sweet.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment